This I guess isn't even a deep thought, just a recounting of a good evening.
I've made friends with a girl and a guy in my Ecology class. She's funny, and very much a connecter. I'm not a girl who can just strike up a conversation with a stranger, but she is, and she's good at drawing others into the conversation and making sure everyone gets to now each other.
So now I have Richa and Shaun as friends!
Last night, Zach and I went to Richa's for a kind-of 4th of July party~she doesn't celebrate it per se, because she's from Nigeria, but some of her friends where she lives wanted to get together, and she invited Shaun and me and Zach.
It was awesome. Granted, Shaun, Zach, and I were the oldest people there~Richa's 19, and so were her friends~at least, they were all under 24. But that's great, because Zach and I like the parties where we just play cards or games and snack on stuff and have fun. We're not really "go out and get drunk, WOOOH!" people, we're kinda old. We watch Jeopardy and tend to go to bed before (usually way before) midnight. So they were really our kind of people.
But it was awesome. It really brought me back to the comraderie of CCU. I disliked much about my time there, but I made amazing friends there. And now that I don't spend much time with them~distance gets in the way~it was nice to feel that same easy laughing friendship again.
It sounds stupid, but I've been kind of lonely. Zach and I hang out with Tim, Emily, Tony, and Naomi. That's pretty much it, unless we're at the VFW hall hanging out with Nate and Theresa while she tends bar.
A lot of people that I hang out with, that I count as friends, aren't people that I end up hanging out with on a one-to-one basis. Like, I love Tim to death, but I'm not about to invite him over to play Wii if Zach's not here. It's just not how we do things.
So on nights like this~when Zach's out at Lawrenceburg Speedway with Truck (an activity that I do not participate in because no matter how hard I try, I cannot fake an interest in racing cars) I end up home alone, not really doing anything or talking to anyone.
So I'm glad I could add a couple people to my list of friends, and hopefully they can come over here to hang out a couple weekends from now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment