Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hmm...

So it's been a little while since I've posted here~nothing really on my mind, I guess. I love it like that, though.

I'm finishing this quarter on Monday, technically. I have my math final tomorrow, and a presentation due Monday evening for my Career Exploration Bullshit class (the formal title, don'tcha know).

I've been thinking about somethings lately~mainly about faith and whatnot, so that's coming soon~I don't want to post about it until I have a clear idea in my head of what to write.

I hate rough drafts, tweaking, and other nonsense like that. I'll write it, I'll spell/grammar check it, but I won't go and pick it all apart until it vaguely resembles what I meant to say originally.

I remember turning in a story for my Short Story/Creative Writing class at CBC~I got a "B" on it, I was outraged. Grammatically, it was good. The dialogue was intentionally choppy, there were no typos. However, I did not get a "B" for grammar and stuff like that.

I got a "B" for content. My prof~and remember, this was at CBC, so I should have seen it coming~thought the theme of my story was "morally reprehensible".

I was more proud of this story that possibly any other I've ever written. It was almost 40 pages~practically a novella. But because it featured extramarital sex, emotional infidelity, and loads of deception~all KEY to the plot, I got a "B".

I would have thought that a college-level class would have been a bit more open than that.

But yes, to my main point~I will not change my plot, my characters, my ideas, just because someone sees them as immoral.

And that, I think, will be a great lead-in for my blog on faith and religion in a few days.

No comments: